Underground Engineering and Fabrication
Custom ventilation component fabrication and engineering
Manuplex specialise in custom ventilation components, with a dustless-first focus.
Our industry-leading database of VCD designs means we can tailor each component to your site’s needs, with manufacturing right in our Rockhampton factory.
Our team can customise existing designs to meet tight timeframes, site-specific conditions or safety issues. Recently, we have:
- supplied two overcasts within a 3-week window, inclusive of sourcing material and site delivery
- customised 50psi seal up hatches for a site’s final seals, consulting with the client to incorporate last-minute design changes to the high-pressure hatch
- modified a coffin seal system to mitigate site issues, using an expert designer/engineer
- retrofitted a standard grout pod with our dustless technology, creating the Dustless Grout Pod
We have a complete range of standard VCD products in stock, including:
- Rated and unrated stoppings (2, 5, 10psi/14, 35, 69kPa)
- Coffin seals
- Ladders, ramps, belt over/underpasses
- Man doors (5psi/ 35kPA)
- Machine doors (air kits supplied)
- Grout seals
- VCD consumables
Read more about our Ventilation capabilities >>
Underground Mining Component Fabrication
We engineer and fabricate any steel component that’s found in an underground mine, including:
- Conveyor handrailing
- Access platforms
- QDS attachments
All components are fabricated on-site in our Rockhampton workshop, with welding compliant to AS1554.1.
Our trade teams can also repair and refurbish conveyor structures and components, plus custom-design solutions to solve unique site issues.
Machine Overhaul and Maintenance
Our mechanical workshop has the capacity to overhaul and maintain any underground equipment, including safety checks and re-commissioning.
- Shuttle cars
- Continuous miners
- Continuous miner tails
- Feeder breakers
Our trade qualified fitters perform a full range of mechanical overhaul services:
- Drafting and engineering
- Hydraulic hose replacement
- Electrical system overhaul
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Fabrication overhauls and new builds to AS/NZS1554.1, in conjunction with our pre-qualified boilermakers
- Painting and coating, to recommissioning or OEM standard